Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Burlesque - The Movie













When I was in LA back in September, I visited with my dear friends, Martin and Mary Samuel. I’ve known Martin since I was a young girl in London. Martin and I grew up together; we danced at the same clubs. Mary and I are kindred spirits, like sisters in our hearts. Martin and Mary have been happily married for forty years













Martin is a hair stylist for television and the movies. He won the BAFTA, the British “Academy Award” for the hair design, wigs, and extensions for Pirates of Caribbean. That's Martin pictured there with Johnny Depp. 

Martin also does the hair design for Tracey Ullman’s program on Showtime. Tracey embodies the many quirky personalities she creates and Martin designs all the wigs to bring these various characters to life.

Martin rang me up last week to talk about his most recent adventure, working with Cher and Christina Aguilara on the upcoming movie, Burlesque. He’s bound by a confidentiality agreement, but was able to me that Cher is a joy to work with and that the choreography is truly amazing. I can’t wait to enjoy his hair designs and to see the 63- year-old, yet ageless Cher, dancing in the upcoming film.  You can see Cher and Christina walking along in front of the movie posters in the top pic.  (thanks to Celebrity-mania.com)

With Martin’s help, they’ll be living life beautifully up on the big screen,

Elaine

1 comment:

  1. It's big, perfectly cast and entertaining in every way, but more than that it feels like a generous public event.Here i can watch Burlesque Online very easily .......

    ReplyDelete